blogging tips


Saturday, March 1, 2014

IT'S ONLY A PHOTO ... AND IT'S YOUR BROTHER, WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?



MAY 2011 - So one quiet Sunday afternoon, I'm relaxing on my couch in my lounge, watching TV and taking some necessary R&R from my job as a retail store manager. Stretched out and taking some time to myself I suddenly heard my phone make a sound. I carefully lifted the phone, pondering who would send me a message and desecrate my much needed peace and silence.

Feeling a bit hesitant, at the odd chance it may be a work issue, my heart skipped a beat. I saw it was a text message. Had my store been robbed? Did they need me to come in to work?  These were just a few of the many questions which now plagued me. I immediately sat up took a breath and then checked the message.

Lo and behold it was a "selfie" of my wife in her bra and underwear... confused, I asked what the pic was for? She replied saying she had taken the pic a while back and thought that I would like it. Something inside me didn't click too well or rather let me say something was truly amiss. Now my wife is pretty but that picture was not flattering in the least.

She was wearing a black underwear set of sorts and sitting on the carpet of her room where she stayed with her mother. Her one leg was raised and the other straight out. Problem is that she suffers from a skin disease and throw in some healthy cottage cheese ( cellulite ) and you kind of get an idea of what I'm talking about. Then I asked her the million dollar question:

"Who else did you send it to?"
 
To which she replied no one else. Again I felt that sinking feeling. She said she had taken the picture a while back but it was for me. Personally, I'm not into those kind of things so the whole episode was just a little puzzling to say the least. I saved the photo.
 
Months go past and I had totally forgotten about the photo, until one night when again I was relaxing at home and my phone rang. Now I don't know about you but sometimes when the phone rings do you get the feeling that the news is not good? Just sometimes in the very bottom pit of you stomach?
Well that was the feeling I got and then I answered it.
 
"Asalamu alaykum," the person greeted and then proceeded to ask the strangest question, " is she there? I need to speak to you alone!"
 
I walked out and heard a story that sickened me to my core. The kind that makes your skin crawl and your hair all over you body stand on end. The person on the other side was my mother. The tale she told was, well then at least, the worst things my ears had ever heard.
 
So my mom tells me that one of her acquaintances came to see her after calling multiple times and telling her it was an emergency and he had something he must share with her. He told then proceeded to tell her that he was at my youngest brother's house and they were sitting chatting.
 
Apparently my brother was boasting about how he had bested me and he finally had proof. Laughing he showed my mother's friend the exact same photo of my wife sitting on the carpet in her underwear etc. He then sent the picture to my mom's friends phone so he could see and laugh at this as well.
 
Then suddenly my mother asked me how long my wife's hair was because in the picture her was short and in her neck, to which I replied it was shoulder length now. My mom then told me that clearly the photo was taken a while back if her hair was longer now. I kept quiet, I remembered this picture clearly. She then told me that the picture was being sent amongst many men in my old hometown and my brother wasn't shy about showing and sending it to strangers.
 
We greeted and ended the call. My wife was inside the house. I took a deep breath and shook my head in disbelief as I looked upwards into the starry night. Is this really happening? What am I doing wrong? How do I keep screwing up my life with these kind of women? I took another deep breath and walked back into the house.
 
I looked at her as she sat with our 3 month old child and I asked her, who she sent that picture of her half naked to to which she kept quiet and then answered to no one. I asked her two more times and still got the same answer.
 
Then I told her my mother had seen the photo and the entire story. She then looked down and uttered the words:
 
"There's something I need to tell you"
 
 
A story I honestly wasn't prepared for unfolded. She had been chatting to my brother on Facebook and had, on his request to see her naked, sent the picture to him. She then continued saying that she and him were friends before we met, she was vulnerable and about 1000 more excuses. The only thing that stuck in my mind was, she was my wife when she had done this!
 
Imagine the embarrassment of this act, my mother told me, everybody from my hometown where I had grown up had seen this photo and worst of all she sent it to my brother! What's worse? I had never heard of anything like this before. How depraved does someone have to be to do this to their spouse? What the hell goes through someone's head when they do this? Is this normal behaviour? is she some sort of sociopath?
 
WHAT THE HELL?
 
. If I still had the photo then I would post it here for you to see, but unfortunately for me, I don't. Perhaps I could ask any guys who lives in Uitenhage for the photo.....
 
"Who else did you send it to?"
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment